Paradise Point, a resort in San Diego, strives to provide a uniform online experience for all our guests – including those with sight, hearing, and other disabilities.
To ensure this, we are committed to complying with the Level AA success criteria of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0).
Our site is designed and developed with these guidelines in mind. We test our website to ensure that it is usable by guests who use assistive technology. While it is not always possible to do so to the letter of each checkpoint, we are continually developing solutions that conform to the spirit of each checkpoint, bringing together a high standard of practicality throughout the website.
Some key accessibility features are described below for those who may wish to take advantage of them while browsing the website of our hotel in Mission Bay, San Diego.
If you have questions or would like to report an issue relating to the accessibility of this website, please contact us.
If the text on the site is too difficult to read there are ways in which you can increase and decrease the text size:
In Internet Explorer go to View > Text size and select Larger or Largest.
Mozilla and Firefox users can alter the size of the displayed text by using Control and the Plus/Minus keys to increase/decrease the font size.
Chrome users can alter the size of the displayed text by using Control and the Plus/Minus keys to increase/decrease the font size.
Our website offers a link to BrowseAloud. BrowseAloud is a free tool that speech enables website content. It offers a practical website access service to people with reading difficulties and those who find it easier to listen to, rather than read the content of our website.
It assists in the navigations of our website for the following sections of the population:
Those with low literacy and reading skills
Those where English is not the first language
Those with mild visual impairment
All images that provide information have appropriate alternative text such that the information is available to people who cannot see the images.
Images that are provided for decoration are provided as either background images or have NULL (empty quote marks) alternative text.
A sitemap page is accessible in the bottom/footer navigation of every page and is provided to assist with navigation.
- Accessible guest room with mobility features with entry doors that provide 33″ – 35″ of clear width.
- Accessible single level resort and parking lot.
- Accessible rear public entrance taking you to the hotel lobby.
- Accessible route from the accessible rear public entrance to the accessible guestrooms.
- Closed captioning on televisions.
- Roll-in shower with grab bars and toilet grab bars – Available upon request (select rooms).
- Select rooms for hearing impaired.
- Rooms and porches accessible to wheelchairs (no steps)
- Our restaurants are handicapped accessible.
- Pool and hot tub lifts at each pool.
- Accessible shower at The Spa.
- Service dogs welcome.
We offer select guest rooms at our hotel in Mission Bay with accessible features such as accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry doors that provide 33-35” of clear width, closed captioning on televisions, hearing impaired rooms, roll-in shower with grab bars and toilet grab bars, rooms and porches with accessible access to wheelchairs (no steps).
Other accessible features on the property include an accessible rear public entrance taking you to the hotel lobby, as well as all of our restaurants which are handicapped accessible.
We offer select garden and bay view guest rooms at our resort in San Diego with accessible features such as accessible guest rooms with mobility features with entry doors that provide 33-35” of clear width, closed captioning on televisions, hearing impaired rooms, roll-in shower with grab bars and toilet grab bars, rooms and porches with accessible access to wheelchairs (no steps).
- Available in select garden and bay view guestrooms
- Bed types (one King bed or two Queen beds)
- Lowered bed (upon request)
- Roll-in shower (upon request)
- Bathroom Grab rails/support bars
- High-Speed Internet access
- Keurig® coffee maker
- Hair Dryer
- Flat Screen TV and cable television
- Irons & Ironing Board
- Eco-friendly bath amenities
- Reserved doorstep parking – $38 per car, per night
- Resort Amenities Fee – $32 per room, per night