Green Meetings in San Diego
Meetings & Events that are successful and Sustainable.
Across 44 acres and various outlets and departments, our San Diego green meeting hotel is dedicated to sustainable practices that allow us to simultaneously uphold our commitment to conservation and deliver superior service and quality to guests. Explore some of Paradise Point’s unique green meeting initiatives below.
- Linen-less meeting rooms help conserve water and laundry chemical use
- Replaced over 50,000 square feet of turf with drought-tolerant plants, helping save one million gallons of water annually
- Converted 10,000 landscaping sprinklers to low flow heads
- Laundry tunnel washer with pulse jet technologies, conserving 10 million gallons of water annually
- Recycling and composting program certified by the City of San Diego that earned our green hotel the “Recycler of the Year” award for diverting 1,020 tons of waste (75%) from the landfill
- LED lighting fixtures throughout the hotel and used in event audiovisual setups
- Flipchart pads made of recycled materials
- Wireless temperature control system for meeting rooms and other public spaces
- Hobart dishwashing system, the only Energy Star-rated commercial dishwashers on the market
- Use of high-quality sustainable, local products including all-natural bottled spring water from nearby Palomar Mountain
- On-site electric vehicle charging stations for personal vehicles
- Bathrooms feature low flow toilets and shower heads, and no-water urinals
- Official partner of Surfrider Foundation San Diego Chapter for protection of waterways and beaches
- Lush landscape featuring over 600 different types of carbon monoxide-converting plants and flowers
- Landscaping debris is repurposed as mulch/fertilizer
- Water conservation/irrigation system to prevent run-off into Mission Bay
We also invite clients and attendees to join us in our eco-friendly efforts by not only selecting Paradise Point as the site for your green meeting in San Diego but taking advantage of event additions and options like locally-sourced menus, reusable tableware, and paperless meeting rooms to further minimize the environmental effect.