GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR SAN DIEGO ISLAND RESORT
To learn more about our new sanitation and health guidelines, click here.
- What is check in/check out time?
A. Check-in time starts at 4:00PM. Check-out time is at 11:00AM.
- Do you allow smoking on property? In the rooms?
A. Paradise Point is a non-smoking San Diego Mission Bay resort, with all non-smoking rooms. However, smoking is allowed on property in designated areas and not within 20 feet from any doorway, per California state law.
- Do you have high-speed wired and/or Wi-Fi available?
A. Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
- Do you have a resort fee?
A. Yes, An additional $34.00 Resort Amenities Fee will be added to your room charge (per room, per night). The Resort Amenities Fee includes high-speed wireless internet, unlimited use of five pools and the fitness center, all local and domestic phone calls, seasonal resort activities, and use of our guest recreation items such as tennis, basketball, mini golf and lawn games.
- Do you have a fitness center? What kind of equipment does it have? What are the hours?
A. The fitness center is currently closed in accordance with local restrictions.
- Do you offer room service? What are the hours?
A. Yes, Food2You is available daily 6:30AM – 11:00AM for breakfast. All Day dining is available 12:00PM – 9:00PM
- I want to ship a package to arrive before or during my stay. Do you allow this?
A. Yes, as long the package is marked ATTN: Name of Guest
- Do you have a business center?
- Do you have a pool?
A. Yes. We have all five pools open from 8AM-10PM. We have one adult pool, ages 18 and up only, open 8AM – 10PM.
- Do you have a spa? What are the hours?
A. The Spa is currently closed in accordance with local restrictions.
- Do you offer babysitting services?
A. We are not currently offering babysitting services.
- How do I get to the hotel?
A. Please see our Directions & Transportation page
- Do you offer free shuttle service from the San Diego International Airport?
A. No. Transportation services can be arranged through Guest Reception by dialing “0”
- What parking options are available?
A. Parking is $38.00 ($48 for oversized vehicles and any vehicle with a trailer) per night for doorstep parking, parking pass will be provided at check-in. We provide a self-park lot for day-use guests. For boat and trailer parking, please notify the front desk upon arrival to receive a pass to place on you boat/jet ski trailer. Parking for these vehicles is $48 per night. We do not allow RV parking or outside golf carts on property.
- What are your cross streets?
A. We are located on Vacation Road off of Ingraham Street.
- Do you provide roll-away beds or cribs? Is there a charge?
A. Air mattresses and pack and plays are provided by the hotel, upon availability. The fee for an air mattress is $20.00 (not available in a double queen room due to fire code), pack and plays are offered complimentary. Please note, these are based upon availability and cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- I booked on a website other than the hotel website and I need to make a change to my reservation. How do I do this?
A. You must go through the booking agent/website that you went through in order to change your reservation.
- What is the minimum age requirement to check in to the room?
A. You must be 21 years of age with a valid ID to check in to the hotel.
- Is my ID/passport required at check in?
A. We require presentation of a valid government-issued identification at the time of check-in.
- Do you have connecting rooms?
A. Yes, we have some connecting rooms at the hotel. You may make a request for connecting rooms when you reserve your rooms. However, they are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- Do you have accessible rooms?
A. Yes, we have accessible rooms featuring roll-in showers with support bars.
- What are the hours of operation for the Barefoot Bar & Grill restaurant?
A. Takeout is available Daily, 6:30AM – 9:00PM. Full-service dining is available Friday – Sunday; 11AM – 6PM. Food2You is available for overnight Resort Guests.
- What are the hours of operation for Tidal Restaurant?
A. Tidal is currently closed per state mandate. Food2You is available for overnight Resort Guests.
- What are the hours of operation for Tropics Cantina?
A. Tropics Cantina is currently closed for the winter.
- I have questions about my bill. Who do I call?
A. Most questions and issues can be resolved with the help of out front desk team. If the issue cannot be resolved right then and there, our front desk team will assist with getting the appropriate departments and getting the issues resolved.
- What forms of payment are accepted to pay for my room?
A. Paradise Point accepts all major credit cards. (Both debit and credit). We are currently not accepting cash at any outlets. Credit card and room charges only. Checks are not acceptable as a form of payment.
- Are pets allowed? Are there restrictions for weight, height or types?
A. Yes. Our hotel in San Diego, CA is pet friendly. There is no restriction to weight, height or types.
- Do you have a pet fee?
A. Yes. There is a $150 (+tax) non-refundable cleaning fee, per pet, per room.
- Do you have pet-free rooms for those with allergies?
A. No pet free rooms. Upon checkout, every room is fully inspected and thoroughly deep cleaned.
- How far do you have to walk to take your pet out?
A. Grass areas are designated throughout the resort. Please remember to pick up after your pet.
Exhibitor General Questions
- Where do I start with arranging my shipment?
A. Your first point of reference should be the conference organizer (vs. the hotel). Please reach out to this contact person, or check the conference website for exhibitor information.
- Where do I ship my packages to?
A. The conference website or conference organizer will have this information for you. In most cases, you should be shipping your packages for the event to the show contractor, hired by the host organization.
- Can I ship my packages direct to the hotel, and are there fees involved?
The hotel has limited package storage, and therefore will only accept packages within 3 days of the event start date. Note: We do not operate a “traditional” loading dock but can assist with limited freight arrivals.
There are shipping, handling and drayage/storage fees for ALL packages shipped to the hotel. (You will not avoid charges by labeling your package as “Guest”). Packages are not handled by the front office, but rather our shipping office. Fees are listed on the exhibitor form mentioned below.
- How do I retrieve my packages if I ship direct to the hotel?
A completed Exhibitor Shipping Form is required before your packages can be released to you onsite. See your conference organizer for more information. Packages are delivered directly to the expo area on the designated day/time per event schedule. Note: Guests are not permitted in the shipping/receiving area to request packages.
- Only 1 of the 5 boxes I shipped were delivered to me, where are the others?
A. Please have tracking numbers handy for any materials that you have shipped in the event that not all of your packages have arrived. See your show organizer for assistance with locating the missing packages.
- Can I have my package delivered to my guestroom?
A. Exhibitor packages exceeding 5 lbs. may not be delivered to guestrooms.
- I need to ship packages back to my office, what do I do?
A. Please pack up and label your boxes following the end of the show. Let your show organizer know when your shipment is ready, and the hotel will ensure it is brought to the loading dock area for pick up. Note: You will need to call and schedule FedEx ground pick up. There is a $12 fee for outgoing package handling by the hotel.
- Can the hotel ship my outbound package(s) for me?
A. Yes, the hotel can assist with your outgoing shipment. A Shipping Requisition Form must be completed for this fee-based service. Please see your show organizer for more information.
- I want to order services for my booth, whom do I call?
A. Special service requests (internet, audio visual, etc.) must first be discussed with your show organizer who can provide instruction.