Guidelines For Stay Well Stay In Paradise
Sanitation and Health Guidelines for Paradise Point Island Resort
The Health and Safety of our Team Members, Guests, and Partners is our number one priority at Paradise Point Island Resort
Here’s what you can expect while visiting Paradise Point Resort
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in public areas throughout the Island.
- All high touch surfaces throughout the public areas will be sanitized during peak periods.
- Lobby floors will be cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times.
- We are strictly enforcing our policy of no in-room gatherings.
- PPE will be worn by all Team Members. All non-vaccinated guests are encouraged to wear a face covering as well.
- Communal spaces have been re-designed to accommodate smaller groupings and allow for a six- foot distance between individuals.
- Floor decals are in place to assist in queuing all lines at the front desk, restaurants, bars, retail, and activity areas. These will be placed six feet a part to allow proper social distancing.
- Plexiglas shields will be used in certain high contact areas to protect team members and guests.
- Guest and Team Member signage containing health and hygiene reminders are placed throughout the property.
- All activities and operations on the Island have been re-designed to follow local, state and national health and sanitation guidelines.
- Our Team Members have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to our local health department.
For Security to direct guests or colleagues’ w/symptoms:
COVID – CLINIC SAN DIEGO
301 B St. San Diego, CA 92101
Open 7 days a week 9A – 4P. No appointments required and offers all stages of testing from antibody testing (blood test) to symptom testing (swab) to verify if a carrier. Cost and insurance coverage to be verified by individual user
To report a potential outbreak or case:
County of San Diego Epidimiology Unit
GENERAL SANITATION AND HEALTH GUIDELINES
- Stay at least six feet from those who you are not traveling with and avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately throw out that tissue. If you must, you should sneeze into the inner elbow of your arm.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds following a cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Prevent the spread of illness to others by staying home when you are feeling ill.
GENERAL GUIDANCE FOR MEETING/CONVENTION GUESTS AND CLIENTS GUEST PRE-ARRIVAL:
- Comprehensive information related to the county, state, and federal guidelines for COVID-19 prevention will be published and communicated effectively on our property website as well as sharing our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiatives.
- Pre-arrival email and text will be sent to all guests sharing our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative and any jurisdictional requirements.
- Meeting Planners will receive a comprehensive communication on our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative.
- A new virtual site inspection has been developed to review and share our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative and also share the resorts features and benefits.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TRAINING GUIDELINES
CHECK IN/FRONT DESK:
- High touch areas will be sanitized after each transaction to include credit card machines, pens, and counter areas.
- Plexiglas shields have been installed at all Guest stations.
- High touch areas in the lobby and arrival areas will be sanitized regularly.
- We will utilize every other workstation at front desk to maintain proper distancing.
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- Door handles will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Hard floor surfaces and trash receptacles are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- House and public phones are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Meeting room sets will be spaced to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Traditional buffets will be staffed by team members with appropriate PPE and Plexiglas shields.
- Tables and chairs are be wiped and disinfected daily.
- Refresh of all meeting spaces between meetings will include a sanitation protocol for all contact surfaces.
- All amenities to be sanitized before each use.
- All linen will be replaced after each use and laundered according to CDC requirements.
- Coffee and other break items will be served by a team member with appropriate social distancing and PPE.
- Flatware will be individually wrapped and provided at each place setting.
- Condiments to be served in individual packets or in sanitized individual containers.
- Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
- All event menus will be modified to accommodate the serving guidelines recommended by the CDC and jurisdiction.
- At all group breaks, we will provide restroom attendants to maintain social distancing and proper sanitation of each public restroom.
- Signage will be provided reminding attendees of social distancing and CDC cleanliness guidelines.
- Public restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Hand sanitizer station located at restroom exits.
- Signage will be added to remind guests to wash their hands in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- All counters and equipment are cleaned and sanitized regularly including credit card machines, pens, and counter tops.
- Merchandise displays are arranged to allow for proper physical distancing requirements.
- Plexiglas Shields have been installed at all cashier stations.
- No stay-over services are provided to in-house guests unless stay extends past five days.
- Single-use, microfiber, cleaning program is in place for guestrooms. Cleaning material will be discarded after use in each room to prevent cross-contamination.
- Paradise Point uses only EPA approved, commercial chemicals, as per the CDC guidelines.
- All soiled linen will be bagged and removed from the guestroom individually.
- All glassware and coffee mugs have been removed from each guestroom and replaced with disposable cups.
- Guestroom magazines, books, throw pillow, throws, have been removed from each room.
- Re-usable water bottles will be provided to each guest.
- Housekeeping carts will be sanitized at the end of shift.