Guidelines For Stay Well Stay In Paradise
Sanitation and Health Guidelines for Paradise Point Island Resort
The Health and Safety of our Team Members, Guests, and Partners is our number one priority at Paradise Point Island Resort
General Team Member / Guest / Partner Sanitation and Health Guidelines
- Stay at least six feet from those who you are not traveling with and avoid close contact with those who are sick
- Wash your hands often using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately throw out that tissue. If you must, you should sneeze into the inner elbow of your Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds following a cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your face
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Prevent the spread of illness to others by staying home when you are feeling ill
What everyone can expect while at Paradise Point Island Resort
- Team members will be screened, to include temperature checks, on a daily basis before reporting to their shifts. Any team member who screens positive for the CDC questions or with a fever of 100.4 will be sent home immediately. Screening will be performed in accordance with the Davidson Standard Operating Procedure.
- General screening will be done for all guests, and partners at the resorts front entrance on Vacation Road and in accordance with the CDC standard questions. Any guest who screens positive will be refused entrance to the property.
- A mandatory training class is required for all team members to complete and acknowledge upon their initial return to the property and upon hire with any new team members. Training must be completed before team members can welcome guests and work on the
- PPE will be worn by all Team Members to include face masks. All guests are encouraged to wear a face covering as well.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be designated and monitored in all contact areas of the Island.
- Communal spaces have been re-designed to accommodate smaller groupings and allow for a six- foot distance between individuals.
- Branded floor decals will be used to assist in queuing all lines at the front desk, restaurants, bars, retail, and activity areas. These will be placed six feet a part to allow proper social distancing.
- Plexiglas shields will be used in certain high contact areas to protect team members and guests.
- Guest and Team Member signage- health and hygiene reminders are placed throughout the
- All activities and operations on the Island have been re-designed to follow local, state and national health and sanitation
- Our Team Members have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to our local health
For Security to direct guests or colleagues’ w/symptoms:
COVID – CLINIC SAN DIEGO
301 B St. San Diego, CA 92101 Telephone: 949.287.8191
Open 7 days a week 9A – 4P. No appointments required and offers all stages of testing from antibody testing (blood test) to symptom testing (swab) to verify if a carrier. Cost and insurance coverage to be verified by individual user
To report a potential outbreak or case:
County of San Diego Epidimiology Unit
Email: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemi ology/contact-us.html
Specific Guidelines for Team Members / Paradise Partners
- The Resort has designated a point person who will oversee the Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative. This will ensue compliance throughout the Island.
- A mandatory training and education class will be required for all team members to take and sign off on before they can welcome guests and work on the island. These classes will be specific to each
- Chemical training will also be done as well to include proper chemicals to be used for certain tasks, proper labeling along with team member
- Temperature screening will be done for all team members Team Members testing positive for a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be sent home.
- Hand hygiene is mandatory at a minimum of every hour for all team
- PPE will be worn by all Team Members, including face masks and gloves, as appropriate.
- Signage outlining all requested guest practices, and team member practices are posted throughout the property in guest areas and in team member
- Sanitizing surfaces and high touch areas will be performed hourly by designated team members in all public
- Lobby floors are cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times
- High use trash cans are cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times
- The team member locker rooms and breakroom will be sanitized regularly
- Hand sanitizer stations will be designated and monitored in all high contact areas of the Island
- Lobby and breakroom area furniture will be re-designed to accommodate smaller groupings with a Six-foot distance between chairs.
- Branded floor decals will be used to assist in queuing all lines at the front desk, restaurants, bars, retail, activity areas and so These will be placed six feet a part to allow proper social distancing.
- Face cover usage by all vendors entering the property is required. Masks both disposable and reusable are available for sale in Island Market.
- We will progress to touchless options for all operations on the island throughout the year.
- Plexiglas shields will be used in certain high contact areas for the protection of team members.
General Guidance for Guests and Clients
- Comprehensive Information related to the county, state, and federal guidelines for COVID-19 prevention will be published and communicated effectively on our property website as well as sharing our Stay Well Stay in Paradise
- Pre- arrival E-mail and or TEXT will be sent to all guests sharing our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative and any jurisdictional requirements in advance.
- Meeting Planners will receive a comprehensive communication on our resort Stay Well Stay in Paradise
- A new virtual site inspection has been developed to review and share our properties Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative and also share the resorts features and benefits
Guests / While on Property:
- All Guests will be screened at the Entrance of the Any guest who screens positively will not be permitted to check-in under California guidelines.
- All arriving Guests will be asked to attend a short Stay Well Stay in Paradise orientation before going to their guest room
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in public areas throughout the
- Face cover usage by guests is strongly encouraged and highly recommended while in public areas. Both disposable and reusable masks will be available for sale in Island
- Branded floor decals will be used to assist in queuing all lines at the
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in each guest room Bungalow for guest
- Door handles, and all high touch surfaces throughout the public areas will be sanitized hourly during peak periods.
- Lobby floors will be cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times
- High use trash cans are cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times
- Plexiglass Shields will be used in high contact areas for the protection of guests and team members.
Post Guest Stay:
- Our Guest Survey will be re-designed during this period to include questions regarding sanitation and health, communication, execution, and
Department Specific Training Guidelines
Check in/Front desk:
- High touch areas will be sanitized after each transaction to include credit card machines, pens, and counter
- Plexiglass shields will be installed at all guest
- Credit card machines will be moved to the countertop, allowing guest touch only. Machines will be sanitized after each
- High touch areas in the lobby and arrival areas will be sanitized regularly.
- We will utilize every other workstation at front desk to maintain
- Lobby greeter will be present to assist with guest distancing and any other
- All guest will view short orientation video
Restaurants and Bars
- Food-service surfaces, such as tabletops and counters, will have specific disinfection procedures as per the food safety procedures and CDC recommendations.
- All cleaning products will be labeled as per OSHA guidelines.
- All surfaces must be wiped and sanitized after each
- Tables will be spaced per the social distancing guidelines to decrease overall capacity level in all venues in compliance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Use of disposable menus or menu boards will be used in all Food and Beverage
- Plexiglas shields will be installed at all cashier
- Tableside condiments will be removed in place of individual serving packages.
Meetings and Events
- Door handles will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Hard floor surfaces and trash receptacles will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- House and public phones will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Meeting rooms will be spaced to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Traditional buffets will be discontinued unless they are staffed by team members with appropriate PPE and other safeguards.
- Water stations will be replaced with individual water bottles.
- Tables and chairs will be wiped and disinfected daily.
- Refresh of all meeting spaces between meetings will include a sanitation protocol for all contact surfaces done by electrostatic fog
- All amenities to be sanitized before each use.
- All linen, including underlays, to be replaced after each use and laundered according to CDC requirements.
- Clean and soiled linens to be transported in sealed single use plastic bags and removed from the meeting
- Coffee and other break items will be served by a team member with appropriate social
- Flatware will be individually wrapped and provided at each place setting.
- Condiments to be served in individual PCs or sanitized individual
- Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical
- All event menus will be modified during this time period to accommodate the serving guidelines recommended by the CDC and jurisdiction.
- Conference rooms will be sanitized after each use, to include high tough areas.
- At all group breaks, we will provide restroom attendants maintain social distancing and proper sanitation of each public restroom.
- Signage will be provided reminding attendees of social distancing and CDC cleanliness guidelines.
- Public restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized during peak periods.
- Hand sanitizer station located at restroom
- Checklists in visible place for guests to see we have serviced the restroom
- Restrooms must be attended during peak hours.
- Signage will be added to remind guests to wash their hands in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Recreation Areas – to Include Marina Partner
- All equipment will be sanitized after each
- Queuing lines configured to maintain proper distance
- Pool operations are temporarily suspended.
Kids Club – Operations are temporarily suspended
Spa – Operations are temporarily suspended
- Fitness Center will have limited Hours of operation and will be limited to eight guests based on a on a reservation
- All high touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized after every
- Equipment has been spaced to ensure proper social
- All counters and equipment will be sanitized after each transaction, including credit card machines, pens, and countertops.
- Merchandise displays will be arranged to allow for proper social distancing requirements.
- Total capacity for retail space will be reduced to 15 people to maintain proper physical distancing.
- Plexiglas Shields will be installed at all cashier stations.
- Will adopt a single-use, microfiber, cleaning program for guestroom. Material will be discarded after use in each room to prevent cross-contamination.
- The property will use only EPA approved, commercial chemicals as per the CDC guidelines.
- All soiled linen will be bagged and removed from the guestroom individually.
- Suspend stayover services to in-house guests and provide additional terry/ amenities based on LOS, and Service after 5
- Activate SMS messaging for additional guest
- All glassware and coffee mugs will be removed from each guestroom and replaced with disposable cups.
- Guestroom magazines, books, throw pillow, throws, will be removed from each room
- Re-usable water bottles will be provided to each guest.
- Housekeeping carts will be sanitized at the end of shift
- Limit the amount of linen and terry will be stored on carts throughout the day