Guidelines For Stay Well Stay In Paradise
Sanitation and Health Guidelines for Paradise Point Island Resort
The Health and Safety of our Team Members, Guests, and Partners is our number one priority at Paradise Point Island Resort
What’s The Latest?
- Barefoot Bar & Grill is open daily 7AM – 9PM for breakfast and all day waterfront dining. Outdoor seating only. View Menu
- Tidal is open Thursday – Saturday, 5PM – 9PM for a unique prefix waterfront dining experience that highlights different flavors each night. *Menu varies by day. Tidal is also open on Sunday for Brunch by the Bay! 10AM – 3PM. View Menus
- Tropics Cantina, located at the Main Pool is open Thursday – Sunday, 11AM – 5PM.
- All five pools are open! All hot tubs are closed at this time per county ordinance. We ask that all guest be considerate of others and limit your time at the pool to 3 hours per day. Pool hours are 8:00AM – 10PM.
- The beach is open!
- Island Market shop and Island Grinds Coffee Co. are open!
- Recreation activities are open! For a complete list of up-to-date activities, click here.
- The Spa & Salon and Fitness Center are closed per county ordinance.
- Kids Club is currently closed.
Here’s what you can expect while visiting paradise point resort
- Team members and partners will be screened, including temperature checks, on a daily basis before reporting to their shifts. Any team member or partner who screens positive for the CDC questions or with a fever of 100.4 will be sent home immediately.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in public areas throughout the Island.
- Face cover usage by guests is required in the lobby, Island Market, Island Activity Hut, when ordering food at Tropics Cantina, and upon entrance to Barefoot Bar & Grill and Tidal. Face coverings are strongly encouraged and highly recommended while in outdoor public areas. Both disposable and reusable masks are available for sale in Island Market.
- Sanitizing wipes are available upon request for guest use.
- All high touch surfaces throughout the public areas will be sanitized during peak periods.
- Lobby floors will be cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times.
- For the safety and well-being of all our guests’, partners and team members, we will be strictly enforcing capacities throughout the resort. This measure ensures that we can properly social distance all areas. As we near capacity, we will only be allowing registered guests to enter the property.
- We are strictly enforcing our policy of no in-room gatherings.
- A mandatory training class is required for all team members before they can welcome guests and work on the island.
- PPE will be worn by all Team Members to include face masks. All guests are encouraged to wear a face covering as well.
- Communal spaces have been re-designed to accommodate smaller groupings and allow for a six- foot distance between individuals.
- Floor decals are in place to assist in queuing all lines at the front desk, restaurants, bars, retail, and activity areas. These will be placed six feet a part to allow proper social distancing.
- Plexiglas shields will be used in certain high contact areas to protect team members and guests.
- Guest and Team Member signage containing health and hygiene reminders are placed throughout the property.
- All activities and operations on the Island have been re-designed to follow local, state and national health and sanitation guidelines.
- Our Team Members have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to our local health department.
For Security to direct guests or colleagues’ w/symptoms:
COVID – CLINIC SAN DIEGO
301 B St. San Diego, CA 92101
Open 7 days a week 9A – 4P. No appointments required and offers all stages of testing from antibody testing (blood test) to symptom testing (swab) to verify if a carrier. Cost and insurance coverage to be verified by individual user
To report a potential outbreak or case:
County of San Diego Epidimiology Unit
GENERAL SANITATION AND HEALTH GUIDELINES
- Stay at least six feet from those who you are not traveling with and avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately throw out that tissue. If you must, you should sneeze into the inner elbow of your arm.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds following a cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Prevent the spread of illness to others by staying home when you are feeling ill.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR TEAM MEMBERS and PARADISE PARTNERS
- The Resort has designated a point person who will oversee the Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative. This will ensure compliance throughout the Island.
- A mandatory training and education class will be required for all team members to take and sign off on before they can welcome guests and work on the island. Chemical training will also be done to ensure proper chemicals are used in all areas and all chemicals are properly labeled.
- Temperature screening will be done for all Team Members. Team Members testing positive for a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will be sent home.
- Hand hygiene is mandatory at a minimum of every hour for all Team Members.
- PPE will be worn by all Team Members, including face masks and gloves if appropriate.
- Signage outlining all requested Guest practices, and Team Member practices are posted throughout the property.
- Sanitizing surfaces and high touch areas will be performed by designated Team Members in all public areas.
- Lobby floors are cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times.
- High use trash cans are cleaned and sanitized during high traffic times.
- The Team Member locker rooms and breakroom will be sanitized regularly.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be designated and monitored in all high contact areas of the Island.
- Lobby and breakroom area furniture will be re-designed to accommodate smaller groupings with a six-foot distance between chairs.
- Face cover usage by all vendors entering the property is required. Masks both disposable and reusable are available for sale in Island Market.
- Plexiglas shields will be used in certain high contact areas for the protection of team members.
GENERAL GUIDANCE FOR MEETING/CONVENTION GUESTS AND CLIENTS GUEST PRE-ARRIVAL:
- Comprehensive information related to the county, state, and federal guidelines for COVID-19 prevention will be published and communicated effectively on our property website as well as sharing our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiatives.
- Pre- arrival email and text will be sent to all guests sharing our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative and any jurisdictional requirements.
- Meeting Planners will receive a comprehensive communication on our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative.
- A new virtual site inspection has been developed to review and share our Stay Well Stay in Paradise initiative and also share the resorts features and benefits.
GUEST post STAY:
- Our Guest Survey will be re-designed during this period to include questions regarding sanitation and health, communication, execution, and appropriateness.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TRAINING GUIDELINES
CHECK IN/FRONT DESK:
- High touch areas will be sanitized after each transaction to include credit card machines, pens, and counter areas.
- Plexiglas shields will be installed at all Guest stations.
- High touch areas in the lobby and arrival areas will be sanitized regularly.
- We will utilize every other workstation whenever possible at front desk to maintain proper distancing.
- All guest will view short orientation video.
RESTAURANTS AND BARS
- Food-service surfaces, such as tabletops and counters, have specific disinfection procedures as per the food safety procedures and CDC recommendations.
- All cleaning products are labeled as per OSHA guidelines.
- All surfaces must be wiped and sanitized after each guest.
- Tables will be spaced per the social distancing guidelines to decrease overall capacity levels in all venues in compliance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Use of disposable menus or menu boards will be used in all food and beverage areas.
- Plexiglas shields will be installed at all cashier stations.
- Table side condiments will be removed and individual serving packages will be available.
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
- Door handles will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Hard floor surfaces and trash receptacles will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- House and public phones will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Meeting room sets will be spaced to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Traditional buffets will be discontinued unless they are staffed by team members with appropriate PPE and other safeguards.
- Water stations will be replaced with individual water bottles.
- Tables and chairs will be wiped and disinfected daily.
- Refresh of all meeting spaces between meetings will include a sanitation protocol for all contact surfaces done by electrostatic fog machine.
- All amenities to be sanitized before each use.
- All linen to be replaced after each use and laundered according to CDC requirements.
- Clean and soiled linens to be transported in sealed single use plastic bags and removed from the meeting rooms.
- Coffee and other break items will be served by a team member with appropriate social distancing and PPE.
- Flatware will be individually wrapped and provided at each place setting.
- Condiments to be served in individual packets or in sanitized individual containers.
- Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
- All event menus will be modified to accommodate the serving guidelines recommended by the CDC and jurisdiction.
- Conference rooms will be sanitized after each use..
- At all group breaks, we will provide restroom attendants maintain social distancing and proper sanitation of each public restroom.
- Signage will be provided reminding attendees of social distancing and CDC cleanliness guidelines.
- Public restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized during peak periods.
- Hand sanitizer station located at restroom exits.
- Restrooms must be attended during peak hours.
RECREATION AREAS – TO INCLUDE MARINA PARTNER
- All equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- Queuing lines configured to maintain proper distance.
- All counters and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized regularly including credit card machines, pens, and counter tops.
- Merchandise displays will be arranged to allow for proper physical distancing requirements.
- Total capacity for retail space will be reduced to 10 people to maintain proper physical distancing.
- Plexiglas Shields have been installed at all cashier stations.
- All guests and staff must wear a face cover.
- Will adopt a single-use, microfiber, cleaning program for guestroom. Material will be securely separated after use in each room to prevent cross-contamination.
- The property will use only EPA approved, commercial chemicals as per the CDC guidelines.
- All soiled linen will be bagged and removed from the guestroom individually.
- Suspend stay-over services to in-house guests unless stay extends past five days.
- Activate SMS messaging for additional guest requests.
- All glassware and coffee mugs will be removed from each guestroom and replaced with disposable cups.
- Guestroom magazines, books, throw pillow, throws, have been removed from each room.
- Re-usable water bottles will be provided to each guest.
- Housekeeping carts will be sanitized at the end of shift.